When starting (or thinking about starting) the Carnivore Diet there are many questions and concerns that naturally arise.
Why do the Carnivore Diet?
To most people, a meat-only diet sounds intriguing but also quite insane.
It almost instantaneously brings a thousand questions and concerns to mind.
“How do they poop without fiber?”
“Why don’t they all have scurvy?”
“Surely their cholesterol is through the roof with all that saturated fat?”
This curiosity causes people to dig deeper.
They read about amazing stories of autoimmune diseases being cured and health restored.
They may even dive into the research and realize the propaganda and hidden agendas with standard dietary advice.
They even – MIGHT – consider experimenting with this diet.
Many Carnivores come from a Ketogenic Diet or Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) Diet, or have experimented with Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian, Mediterranean, Macrobiotics, or a Lectin Avoidance Diet. Many have done the Bulletproof Diet, the Whole30 Diet, or the Atkins Diet.
The Carnivore Diet offers something none of these diets do. But you have to know your “why.”
Everyone’s “why” is different.
People experiment with a carnivorous diet for numerous reasons, and it’s vitally important to “know your why” which may include:
- Ketogenic: weight loss plateau or muscle gain loss/stalemate
- Mood: Brain fog, focus problems, mood swings depression, bipolar
- GI: Digestive problems like bloating and gas, heart burn/gastric reflux, Crohn’s or colitis
- Skin: Psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, acne
- Autoimmune: Arthritis (or just joint pain like I had), asthma, MS, migraines, lymes disease
For many carnivores, it comes down to
– Knowing you have Superhuman in You –
and wanting it because living life less than that is unacceptable.
Will the Carnivore Diet help with XYZ?
There is no guarantee that a Carnivore Diet is going to cure a disease or eliminate a symptom for you. But in many cases it has helped people heal when nothing else has worked. Many people with mysterious and difficult health issues resolve every day using the Carnivore Diet. A Carnivore Diet has helped with:
- Difficult Weight Loss and Stalled Fat Loss
- Brain Fog and Focus Problems (ADD/ADHD)
- Low Energy and Crashes
- Fatigue and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Sleep Problems (Insomnia, Snoring, Apnea)
- Joint Pain
- Skin (Psoriasis, Eczema, Rosacea, Acne)
- Neurologic issues
- Digestion (Heart Burn/GERD, Acid Reflux, IBS, Crohn’s, Colitis)
- Hormone Imbalances
- Low Testosterone and Libido
- Eating Disorders and Food Addictions
- Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome
- Mold Illness
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Mental Health, Depression, Mood Swings, Bipolar
- Reproductive Health (Fertility)
- Cardiovascular Health (High Blood Pressure)
- Autoimmune Diseases (Arthritis, Asthma, MS, Lyme’s)
- Migraine and Headaches
- Histamine Intolerance
How do I eat a Carnivore Diet in social situations?
One of the main reasons it’s important to “Know Your Why” is because of external pressures, whether it be from family, friends, internet trolls or your doctor.
You need to have a plan for social situations.
You can tell someone you eat donuts every morning, fast food for lunch, and pizza for dinner that you wash down with soda and top it off with ice cream, and it’s cool.
Tell someone you aren’t eating plants and they jump down your throat.
Sadly, it’s usually not because they are actually concerned about you, rather it is to justify their own dietary positions.
You don’t need to justify yourself.
A Technique You Can Use:
- Tell them you’re doing an experiment on this diet as a test for food allergies.
- Most people are cool with experimenting and they won’t take it as an attack on their food choices
Those that love you will support you.
They may express concern from their limited understanding and preconceived beliefs, but they come from an area of support, love, and care. They will engage with learning more and ultimately support you in whatever you decide.
There are those who are defensive, taking your Way of Eating (WOE) as an attack on their WOE and feel they need to justify themselves. They don’t care about you and really aren’t interested in understanding, but they want to justify their position to themselves. Not worth your time. Just say “you be you. I’ll be me.” Done.
If you need a supportive community, you have one here.
More Carnivore Diet Questions and Concerns?
Watch the Meat Health Masterclass to learn more about how to use a meat-based / carnivore diet to transform your body and health (and avoiding the 2 biggest diet mistakes I made for years):